- Acid Girls - Health Mega Mix [http://www.zshare.net/audio/5629026799cc7473/]
Friday, February 27
Thursday, February 26
- The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die (DAN OH Remix) [http://www.zshare.net/audio/561926387e0f41b5/]
- Tiga - Love Don't Dance Here Anymore feat. Soulwax [http://www.zshare.net/audio/55692069092d871c/]
- Bucketheads - The Bomb (Burns Remix) [http://www.zshare.net/audio/526516295046ffe9/]
- Bjork - Who Is It (Vitalic Remix) [http://www.zshare.net/audio/520890416ec8c8f5/]
- Zombie Nation - Forza (Housemeister Remix) [http://www.zshare.net/audio/5138255528dbfde5/]
- Herve & Kissy Sell Out - Rikkalicious [http://www.zshare.net/audio/507215915b7217be/]
- Laidback Luke & A-Track - Shake It Down (Sebastian Drums & Rolf Dyman Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/file/vwiifni4d1t/]
Wednesday, February 25
Now, I don't know who filmed this but the sound is shit. I'm DIEN to film with this kid.
- Larry Tee - I Love You [http://www.zshare.net/audio/7767736376b16e/]
- Supertramp - Dreamer
- MGMT - Kids (Soulwax Remix) [http://www.zshare.net/audio/1847332472f4fdd0/]
Top 3 albums of Febuary 09:
- Larry Tee - Club Badd
- Christopher Just - Dirty Sanchez
Top 3 musical influences:
- Pet Shop Boys [http://www.petshopboys.co.uk/]
- Christopher Just [http://www.myspace.com/christopherjust]
- Larry Tee [http://www.myspace.com/nylarrytee]
Top 3 artists you would like to collaborate with:
- Pet Shop Boys
- Christopher Just
- Larry Tee
Top 3 have yet to see live performances:
- Pet Shop Boys
- Jonte [http://www.myspace.com/jonteonlinee]
- Bad Brilliance [http://www.myspace.com/badbrilliance]
Top 3 favourite venues abroad:
- Plasic [http://www.thisisplastic.com/], Mailand
- Meubelstukken [http://www.meubelstukken.nl/], Amsterdam
- Flex [http://www.flex.at/], Wien
Top 3 sources for new music:
Mel Merio Myspace
- Mountblood - Minimal Fuckin Mondays Mini Mix[http://www.zshare.net/audio/5502516142efd8d1/]
- Blatta & Inesha - Punching
- Boys Noize - Shine Shine
- Peter Bjorn and John - Inland Empire ( Friend Remix )
- Uncle Jak - Acid Circus
- DJ Kid Kaio - We Don't Give A Fuck
- UFO! - Now
- AC Slater - Party Like Us
- Future Cop - Eye's Like The Ocean
Tuesday, February 24
Top 3 tracks of February 09:
- David Bowie - Drive In Saturday
- Metallica - Battery
- The Locust - Moth Eaten Dear Head
Top 3 albums favourite albums of February 09:
- The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
- Arab On Radar - Soak The Saddles
- The VSS - Nervous Circuits
Top 3 sources for new music:
Top 3 Canadian Venues:
- The Guvernment [http://www.theguvernment.com/], Toronto
- Metropolis [http://www.montrealmetropolis.ca/], Montreal
- Celebrities [http://www.celebritiesnightclub.com/], Vancouver
Top 3 Venues abroad:
- Lux [http://www.luxfragil.com/], Lisbon
- Social Club [http://www.myspace.com/parissocialclub], Paris
- Womb [http://www.womb.co.jp/], Tokyo
Top 3 tracks of February 09:
- The Juan Maclean - One Day (Lazaro Casanova Haunted Dub)
- Noze - You Have To Dance (Mathias Kaden's Beatpolka Remix) [http://www.zshare.net/audio/561316802c802251/]
- Minilogue - My Teenager Gang
Top 3 favourite artists of February 09:
- Timo Mass [http://www.myspace.com/timomaas]
- Minilogue [http://www.myspace.com/minilogue]
- Bob Dylan [http://www.myspace.com/bobdylan]
Top 3 favourite albums of February 09:
- Lykke Li - Youth Novels
- Josh Wink - When A Banana Was Just A Banana
- Marco Carola - The Tribe EP
Top 3 sources for new music:
- Beatport [https://www.beatport.com/]
- Dj Sets
Top 3 Canadian Venues:
- Guvernment [http://www.theguvernment.com/], Toronto
- Comfort Zone [http://www.comfortzonetoronto.com/], Toronto
- The Social [http://www.thesocial.ca/], Toronto
Top 3 venues abroad:
Monday, February 23
Top 3 full-length riding videos:
- Tomorrow We Work [http://www.tomorrowwework.bigcartel.com/] - "Best local video ever?"
- Nowhere Fast - "This was such a groundbreaking video for its time, in terms of both riding and production. So pumped that Patrick is doing the Etnies video."
- Take it or Leave it - "A bmx video with a message? I love the attitude this film portrays."
Top 3 tracks your listening to right now:
- Destroyer - Here Comes The Night
- Manitoba - Crayon
- Wilco - Heavy Metal Drummer [http://www.mediafire.com/?jimyn4nmyem]
Top 3 sources for BMX news:
- RED BMX Magazine [http://redbmxmagazine.com/].
- Other than that I mostly just hang around bmxboard [http://www.bmxboard.com/].
- The Come Up [http://thecomeupbmx.net/]usually has the most stuff going on... I also like Defgrip a whole bunch but that's not really news.
Top 3 Canadian parks:
- Penticton Youth Park - "it's huge, it's close to the beach, and I could carve around that bowl for days."
- Old Leeside - "best skate park tag ever: "Ramp, not home." That place was so sketchy and amazing. The ramps were just falling apart, homeless people lived there and it was always flooding, but it ruled. There's something to be said about things growing organically like that - the layouts always flow really well because they come together one piece at a time... if something doesn't work you can always change it."
- Grand Forks - "it's kind of out of the way so not a lot of people know about it. It has a really fun bowl that's long and tight with different extensions as you move down it."
Top 3 Canadian city's for street:
- Vancouver (with someone who knows where they're going)
- "I really haven't ridden any other big cities, but Montreal looks rad.I'll take a lazy day of street riding in Penticton over all of those though..."
Sunday, February 22
- Bangladesh - Passport Music [http://www.limelinx.com/files/aacc40f88bc62f1bd44684be744ec5e1]
Q: Where did the name No Bikes come from?
A: Just irony I guess. We had just been kicked out of a skatepark and we thought it would be funny to make shirts that said "no bikes" on them.
Q: What were you looking to accomplish with No Bikes when you started up in 05?
A: I actually started a while before that. Travis (Burroughs) and I made our first batch of shirts in 2001. I don't think it's ever been more than just a fun thing. We've done a few jams over the years, lots of shirts, trips etc. Now I'm mostly focused on making the website awesome.
Q: No Bikes is pretty widespread, what do you accredit this to?
A: We've been lucky in that we've had some incredible riders involved over the years. I don't know what it could be beyond that, I don't really do a lot to promote it.
Q: You have a new full length coming out in the up an comin near future. When are you looking to release?
A: We actually just pushed the footage deadline back to May, so somtime in June or July maybe. There's a good chance that I'll be moving out of Alaska this summer and the guys up here wanted a bit more time to put their parts together.
Q: Who can we expect to be reppin No Bikes in this video?
A: That's a good question... I know what's going on as far as the Alaska side goes, but Ryan Hiebert is in charge of the Canadian sections. Desson just told me he was going to put a part together, and I know Ryan and Loren Lyftogthave been fiming, but I can't tell you anything beyond that. Up here we've got some excellent parts coming together from David Clay, Terrence Mitchell, and Wayne Anasogak among others.
Q: Will there be any premiers?
Q: Where are the premiers going to take place?
A: Most likely Kelowna and Anchorage, but I have no idea at this point.
Q: What are your plans for No Bikes in the future?
A: I Just want to keep on doing things that I like to do. I keep telling everyone that I'll have new shirts soon but I've balled a few things up and it hasn't happenned; hopefully soon (sorry guys...). I'm getting back into writing a lot, I've been interviewing guys who make local videos and that has been really fun. Local videos have always been one of my favorite things in bmx, I love seeing people's projects and I want to get other people stoked on them. I like doing roadtrips that are a bit outside of the normal roadtrip realm, so hopefully a few of those will happen this year.
Saturday, February 21
Top 3 tracks of Feb. o9:
- Dance Area - 24/7
- Larry Tee - I Love You (Bart B-More Remix) "In Crookers Beatport top 10, yay!!" [http://www.zshare.net/audio/54426322814faa9c/]
- Alexander Technique - Nighlovers (CCC/ JFK Remix) [http://www.zshare.net/audio/55030689eba28f08/]
Top 3 Canadian Venues:
- Circa, Toronto [http://www.circatoronto.com/]
- Parking, Montreal [http://www.parkingbar.com/]
- Celbrities, Vancouver [http://www.celebritiesnightclub.com/]
Top 3 Sources for new music:
- Brrrln [http://brrrln.blogspot.com/]
- Beatport [https://www.beatport.com/]
- Disturbed Beats [http://disturbedbeats.blogspot.com/]
Top 3 anticipated albums of 09:
- "Animal Collective [http://www.myspace.com/animalcollectivetheband] is out but, damn!! It roks my world"
- "The Fire and Reason [http://www.myspace.com/thefireandreason] Brazillian bombshell rocks out"
- Mel Merio [http://www.myspace.com/melmerio] is producing one this year. Can't wait.
Larry Tee [http://www.myspace.com/nylarrytee]
- AC Slater - Banger [http://www.mediafire.com/?z5k2rtzy5dz]
- AC Slater - Jack Got Jacked (Jack Beats Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/?3nigzmtqkqz]
- AC Slater - Party Like Us (Udachi Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/?mxdmyltnmnm]
- Bel Biv Devoe - Poison (AC Slater & B. Rich Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/?hqbnl5o1z4y]
- B. Rich - Everyday Hustle (AC Slater Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/?tj1hg3j00yj]
- Boys Noize - Shine Shine (AC Slater Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/?zubndyznton]
- D.I.M. - Airbus (AC Slater Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/?yrdimwuwl4n]
- Fagget Fairys - Samo Ti (AC Slater Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/?zmnotyiy5zy]
- Grand National - By The Time I Get Home (AC Slater Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/?k5mzzyzlwzj]
- Hearts Revolution - Choose Your Own Adventure (AC Slater Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/?rmzqznz3xrn]
- Lismore - More (AC Slater Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/?jzu2ntqwgyj]
- Pets On Prozac - Rough Ruffin (AC Slater Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/?mm21dzzmjyq]
- Purple Crush - Danceing Cross The Dancefloor (AC Slater Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/?jo40jhtkmco]
AC Slater Myspace [http://www.myspace.com/theacslater]
- Daft Punk - Essential Mix [http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SDNA7EYA]
- Daft Punk - Essential Info (Daft Trax)
- Paul Johnson - Summer Heat (Peacefrog)
- Armand Van Helden - Funk Phenomena (Henry Street)
- CZR - Chicago Southside (1HR)
- Artist Unknown - Git Down Saturday (Dance 6)
- Remix Delux #1 - Dee’s Knots [Remix] (Delux)
- Parris Mitchell - Ghetto Shout Out (Dance Mania)
- Daft Punk - Teachers (Daft Trax/Virgin)
- Martin Luther King - I Have A Dream (20th Century)
- The Godson EP - Drum Patterns & Memories (K.D.J)
- Jammin Gerald - Get The Ho’94 (Dance Mania)
- DJ Attack - Da Way U Work (U.C.)
- Thomas Bangalter - Spinal Scratch (Roule)
- Tha West Siders - Waxscratch Trax (Dance Mania)
- Fantom - Faithful (Source)
- I.Cube - Disco Cubizm (Versatile)
- Daft Punk - Rock ‘n’ Roll (Daft Trax/Virgin)
- Cajmere - Only 4 U (Cajual)
- Trankilou - Champagne
- (Kif S.A.)Artist Unknown - And Da Beat Goes On (Dance 6)
- DJ Funk & Gerald - Hold Up (Universal Funk)
- Ween - Freedom Of ‘76 (Flying Nun)
- Zdar & Boombass - Foxy Lady (Cassius)
- Gusto - Disco’s Revenge (Bumble Beats)
- DJ Deeon - Deeon Doez Disco (Dance Mania)
- Sweet - Somebody’s Watching (White)
- Da Mongoloids - Spark Da Meth (Strickly Rhythm)
- Roller Rink 2000 - Stining (Kumba)
- Roy Davies Jr - Gabrielle (Large)
- Robert J Hairston - Preacher Man
- Daft Punk - Around The World (Daft Trax/Virgin)
- Kenny Dixon Jr - U Can Dance If U Want 2 (K.D.J)
Friday, February 20
Thursday, February 19
- Radio Zero Podcast #56 [http://www.radiozero.ca/radiozeropodcast56.mp3]
- Modeselektor - 200007 (Paul Kalkbrenners Tap Some Bong 20009 Remix [http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmztwyjm5wo/]
- Miss Kitten & The Hacker - 1000 Dreams [http://www.mediafire.com/file/injgjvinkq2/]
- Junior Major - I Still Don't Hate You [http://www.zshare.net/audio/5589380437d930cf/]
Wednesday, February 18
Top 3 web video's:
- "I really like the web videos Muntiny puts out."
- "The Sputnic web videos are also really good."
- "Finally, I like the way Ted at seshin put out the full video series online. I guess I like web videos in good quality."
Top 3 Canadian Parks:
- "Millwoods in Edmonton" Alberta
- Penticton Youth Park
- Hastings, Vancouver
Top 3 tracks your listeing to right now:
- Cloud Cult - Chemicals Colide [http://www.zshare.net/audio/55843924cc5cf9c0/]
- Blonde Redhead - A Cure [http://www.zshare.net/audio/55844029bf1f1ca7/]
- Shai Hulud - My Heart Bleeds The Darkest Blood [http://www.zshare.net/audio/558441390051d0ca/]
Top 3 sources for bmx news:
- The Come Up [http://thecomeupbmx.net/]
- Bikeguide [http://www.bikeguide.org/]
- Woozy [http://www.woozybmx.com/]
Top 3 brands:
- American Apparell
Tuesday, February 17
This is yet another Hollywood remake. Theya are really struggling to come up with anything original these days. But, Quentin Tarantino has his hands in this which should make up for Brad Pitt's douche of an accent. I'll watch it.
Monday, February 16
#2 I would like to welcome two have 2 new riders to our team. Mat Ridgeway & Randy Moffat of Vancouver. Typically when you sponsor people you have a product to supply them with so our next step is to get some T's (being the primary product) designed, shipped and out to the riders. I have two designs ready to go and have a few ideas in the works.
/&+ Methadone has been removed from our contributors list. The content of his posts although very much related to the happenings of this site (as he is the first artist on "Minus Recordings"), have been adding a "diary blog" feel to this site. Which is not exactly something that I R is willing to sport. His posts will be kept to properly account for his contributions and he may return at a later date. You can catch updates on all of his recordings @ [http://methadonemusic.blogspot.com/].
- Label, chosen (two btw)
- Projects on hand, 5
- Production of the 'an Unkindness' album
- Production of a Track on the 7 song ep for Melissa Bishop
- Hour long track for Unnamed Project
- And good news, two new albums are being worked.
For anyone who's been following up on my mini successes, you should of figured out portraiture and candid is my choice of weapon. Today, I ripped up a photoshoot I had in Port Moody with good friend actor / model Alex Peterson for the front cover of Gonzo Magazine's March Issue. I got to work with John S. Hatch again [writer, producer, director and familiar friendly face], meet Teena Clipston Publisher / Editor-in-Chief of Gonzo Magazine, and shoot with a Sony F282 digital slr. Needless to say the shots turned out amazing.
There was a commercial also shot before and after my still shots, which is apparently going to be aired on the tele and somewhere on the interenet.
No words can describe how humbling this experience has been..
Saturday, February 14
Friday, February 13
Thursday, February 12
- The Mai Shi - R U Professional (Xitian Remix) [http://www.zshare.net/audio/55478900978f9b0a/]
Edd Allen + Derek Strickland= perfection
No Bikes [http://nobikes.com/] has Rick Nicholls how to hang 5 up right now.
Briggs has linked up to his interview from his Lovebolts site [http://lovebolts.tumblr.com/].
And last but not leaste The Come Up [http://thecomeupbmx.net/videos/chris-duncan-will-promote-your-website] posted Vhris Duncans I R MINUS add last night.
What are your top 3 fave countries to ride?
- North America
- South Africa
What are your top 3 countries that you want to ride?
- New Zealand
What are your top 3 Sources for BMX news?
- word of mouth
What are the top 3 albums that your listening to these days?
- American Gangster Soundtrack
- Best Thang Smokin
- Young Jeezy - Recession
Wednesday, February 11
Briggs Ogloff Q&A followed by the other two trailers and some video grabs that Briggs sent along:
Q: How did you get into filming?
A: I don't even remember to be honest. I remember the old group of friends from years ago and I think I just wanted to be able to film how fun skating was. I never really thought it'd go anywhere, it was just fun. I guess with filming there's always something that can be learnt or improved, that's why I'm still doing it, that's the funnest part.
Q: What are you filming with?
A: vx2000 and century mk1!
Q: Who do you film for?
A: Myself? haha. i don't know, i wouldn't say i specifically film for anyone specifically. i just film friends and they all have shop sponsors or other sponsors so that's as far as my filming gets seen. i did film a video that i had worked on with Freeride a couple years ago called so hesh and so clean. Freeride has/is also helping out with lovebolts alot, too.
Q: What made pen the main film location for Lovebolts besides the fact that you lived there?
A: I think really it's because that's where we all came together. I've been a part of skateboarding in Penticton for so long and have seen so many people come and go and almost everyone who's in the video I've met through being in Penticton. I mean, I've been filming with Mark (Johnson) here in Vancouver the past few months and there are other people having parts from around bc, but it all stemmed from Penticton for sure.
Q: When did you start filming for Lovebolts?
A: I released a full length in november 2007 and decided to start a new project right away, that was pretty much it. all of the skaters (and myself) just kind of expected to start working on another one and this is it.
Q: Where have you been filming for Lovebolts?
A: I've been on a few trips with some of the guys since the beginning of filming. we've got footage from regina, arizona, san francisco, vancouver, and places around the Okanagan. There'll also be some spain footage in the video, a couple of the guys are heading over there for a month pretty soon.
Q: If you had to choose between Barcelona or LA to film /&+ skate wich would it be?
A: Barcelona, for sure. the spots are easily more my kind of skating, aha.
Q: How have you become so successful on youtube (views wise)?
A: Haha, no idea. definitely a fluke, I'd say. i don't even remember making my account, and most of the stuff i put on in the beginning up until recently was pretty bad. once i started noticing subscribers and stuff i started to put effort into editing videos primarily for youtube and that was it. i don't know why people like them, I'm still just fooling around when i put stuff on there.
Q: To what point do you want to take your filming career?
A: That's so hard to say. of course I'd take it as far as i could, but it just seems impossible to predict. I'm just gonna keep filming skateboarding and see where it goes from there. I've met alot of people through filming and skating, so we'll see. just have to focus on getting this video done and the next step will be taken from there.
Q: Can we find you on Skate Perception?
A: Yes. i don't post often but I've been a member since the beginning.
Q: What are some things that a tourist (as there are a shitload in the summer) be sure to check out in pen?
A: Oh man, i don't even know. I've never fully understood why there are so many tourists. the beaches are incredible, though. I'm not much of a swimmer but for how hot it gets, you definitely gotta jump in the lake sometimes. skatepark is pretty cool, too.
Q: When is Lovebolts set to drop?
A: I'm aiming for a fall 2009 release date, but I'm definitely wanting to get all of the editing done mid summer.
Q: Will there be any showings of Love Bolts prior to is release?
A: Definitely. I'm already working on getting a Penticton premiere set up at a theatre, and a kelowna/westbank premiere will most likely happen too.
You can follow the making of Lovebolts here: [www.lovebolts.tumblr.com]
Tuesday, February 10
Words cant explain this part.
What are your top 3 countries to ride?
- New Zealand
What are your top 3 albums right now?
- T.I. - Paper Trail
- Young Jeezy
- Jimmy Buffet
What are your top 3 annticipated videos of 09?
Empire... I have no idea.
This is Mat and Ryan's split section for the No Bikes full lenght Four Corners.
Monday, February 9
Without further adieu, I bring to you:
- Blondtron - Obama MiniMix [http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tyjmtzhjm0m]
- M.I.A. - New Song (DEATH TO THE THRONE Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/file/hed5gwkmvni/]
- Micheal Jackson - Smooth Criminal (LAZRtag Remix) [http://www.zshare.net/audio/537007273e347618/]
- Hot Chip - Hold On (D.I.M. Remix) http://www.mediafire.com/file/dd2jf2ijmjh/]
- Diplo & Blaqstarr - Get Off [http://www.mediafire.com/file/n4a2mzlz0qi/]
- Dance Area - AA 24 7 (Diplo Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/file/m3ndtjnmyct/]
- Poni Hoax - Hypercommunication (Alter Ego Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/file/2x3gyjm4hmg/]
- Djedjotronic - Dirty & Hard feat. Spoek (Boys Noize "ump if your an idiot"Remix) [http://www.mediafire.com/file/akzeqmngboh/]
- Groove Armada - Drop The Tough (Van She Remix) http://www.mediafire.com/?ywwxznwnqnw
- Nov Ganon - Labels [http://www.zshare.net/audio/54950080fe9f744c/]
- Mr. Oizo - Gay Dentists (JFK Remix) [http://www.zshare.net/audio/515815308ed2810c/]
Sunday, February 8
Top 3 BC parks to ride:
- Penticton Youth Park
- Skate Plaza
Top 3 peeps to ride with:
"any of my freinds"
Top 3 albums your listening to these days:
"I dont really listen to albums, just whatever Sirus is playing."
I had a photo date with Glen who I met off of Flickr, and what was so great about this day was I got to shoot with a Canon 30D, and 50 f/1.4 prime lense!
It was a fucking dream.
We walked around the Chinese Garden's and walked to the skatepark while he patiently stood beside me as I was trying to get a shot of, Purple Shoes. You can check a few other pics I took that day about 3-4 pages back on my Flickr. Be sure to take a look at Glen's page, he has some amazing shit!
I JUST got this message in my facebook inbox from Jordan Williams of Above This City:
"Hey Wai-Lee, I've got to say that your pictures are amazing, you've got such a rad style; sorry it took me so long to get around to saying that!! My band Above This City is playing a bunch of shows coming up and I think it would be awesome if we could hire you to take some live pics. If you have a second, check out our myspace! www.myspace.com/abovethiscity
Let me know if you're interested! Thanks! :)
Friday, February 6
Thursday, February 5
Wednesday, February 4
davidjr.com (David Bruce Bates Jr.) is a New York based comedian known for his comedy shorts and down-to-earth interviews with the celebs. ".com converges pop culture, the fine art world and comedy in off-the-cuff, laid back, guerrilla style videos."
With production work for Scholastic Entertainment, Oxygen Media, MTV Networks, Nickelodeon, Disney online and Co-Producer of Steaming Museum [http://www.streamingmuseum.org/], Bruce Bates has managed to establish himself as a blogsphere icon.
Q: What does davidjr.com stand for, mean, or represent?
A:I wanted to have a short URL that could also double as my name... since my name is David Bruce Bates Jr, davidjr.com worked out pretty well.
Q: How do you come up with your comedy sketch concepts?
A: I just turn the camera on and act natural, most of it isn't planned out, anything that comes off lame or rehearsed I don't use. Living in new york offers you excellent opportunities to see and meet with the celebs of Hollywood.
Q: How do you get your interview's done with these peeps (are you equipped with press passes, or are they just dazzled by your charm and good looks?
A: I think it's my model good looks...but also, I started officially covering the Gen Art Film Festival in 2006, the VP of FILM Jeff Abramson saw my videos at fashion week, on the "outside" of celebrity events and wondered how my style would translate if I was officially part of the party... So I'm about to do my 4th Gen Art Film Festival this April, I'm really excited to rock out again. [http://www.davidjr.com/genart/] = so, after doing Gen Art that one time, I'm now on a bunch of PR companies press lists, so I get asked to cover stuff all the time.
Q: These interview's make me laugh, I'm not gonna lie. I wonder if you have questions prepared for them or are you just looking for reactions?
A: I'll always have a few questions prepared but sometimes I just wing it. My "weird" questions such as "how many sugars do you take in your coffee" and "do you believe in UFOs" are all about getting a reaction.
Q: What are your plans for 09, anything we should be looking out for in particular?
A: Completing campaigns for Starburst & PUMA and getting a bunch of great press in AD AGE & TV WEEK helped legitimize my career... so I'm looking to take that momentum and go bigger and get better. I'm in talks with the amazing rock band One-Eyed Doll to go on a month long tour with them, I have no doubt my on-the-scene footage going to random places in America will be some of my best work ever.
Now I've run out of questions for you so how about a quick top 3?
Top 3 film expectations of 09:
Top 3 attractions in new york that a tourist should check out:
- Stand in the middle of Times Square at 44th and Bway (you might see me filming, it's my favorite place in NYC... so many people, so many random things always going on there)
- Union Square Park (Like Times Square but instead of tourists it's locals)
- Soho (Walk down Broadway, run into models & celebs, or people who think they are)
Tuesday, February 3
Monday, February 2
Arti and I both agreed we'd use the best photos of the photoshoot for each other's portfolios. [She's only been gorgeous her entire life, and has recently self motivated herself to try to make a name for herself in the modeling world.]
You can see a few shots from the set on My Flickr account
I have a photoshoot with Britt MacDuff in Feburary so that she can apply to be a Suicide Girl and the clothes will be coming off! My favorite.
I'm sick with a possible tooth infection or serious case of wisdom teeth stubbornness, thanks for asking I R Minus
Until next time,
Sunday, February 1
Mixtape SF was a huge let down.